- Self-paced, online learning
- Beginner skill level
- Personalized support
We enroll learners in this course on a rolling basis.Enroll today!
This beginner-level course gives you knowledge, vocabulary and approaches which can help you be more secure online and protect digital privacy. With written lessons, regular quizzes and in-depth case studies, you’ll gain a broad understanding of the language and techniques for more secure use of the internet.
These course details are subject to change; please refer to the course outline at the time of registration.
- Fundamentals of security and privacy to make you safer online
- The files, communications, and protocols that make things work on the Internet
- What privacy, security and trust mean in the modern digital world
- How to manage computer and devices, operating systems and software
- Creating and managing passwords
- The risks presented in messaging, e-mails and other forms of online communication
- Types of encryption and other cryptography
- Configuring home WiFi networks and connected devices
- Choosing and controlling internet browsers
- Your data online
- The data that you share
This course is taught at the beginner level. You should have the following tools, skills and abilities prior to registering for this course:
- English at B1 level
- A computer with a webcam and microphone and a minimum internet connection of 2Mbps download / 512kbps upload, enabling you to stream videos with sound and to effectively participate in video chats.