- Self-paced, online learning
- Beginner skill level
- Personalized support
This introductory course is designed to provide you with solid, basic knowledge of the tools and technologies that are used to build modern web and mobile applications.
By the end of the course, you'll have built a multi-page web site from scratch. You'll also understand a wide variety of terms and techniques used by software engineers to develop web sites and other internet-based applications, making you better able to contribute to technical discussions about features and functions used across a range of platforms and devices.
These course details are subject to change; please refer to the course outline at the time of registration.
- First Steps: Create a Web Page
- Basic Concepts: How the Web Works and How to Work on the Web
- Displaying Data: HTML
- Styling Data: CSS
- Storing and Retrieving Data: Databases
- Behind the Scenes: "Back End" Web Development
- Tracking and Privacy
- Networks, Encryption and Getting Remote Data
- Internet and Society
This course is taught at the beginner level. You should have the following tools, skills and abilities prior to registering for this course:
- English at B1 level
- A computer with a webcam and microphone and a minimum internet connection of 2Mbps download / 512kbps upload, enabling you to stream videos with sound and to effectively participate in video chats.